San Francisco Tlingit & Haida Community Council (SFTHCC) supports higher education for its enrolled community tribal members through the Jackie Clark Memorial Education Scholarship. Annually a $1,000.00 scholarship is awarded. Scholarship will be awarded at the annual SFTHCC picnic August 2022 (date to be determined). We would like to encourage our youth to apply without an application fee. However, applications must be received electronically, hand delivered, or postmarked by June 1, 2022. Postmarked applications must be received by June 15, 2022.
- Citizen of Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska, enrolled with San Francisco Tlingit and Haida Community Council. (no age requirement)
- Admission Letter as a full-time student attending or planning to attend an accredited community college, university, or trade/technical school.
- Transcripts from high school or colleges you have attended minimum GPA 2.5 (if applicable)
- Bio Please tell us about yourself, this is your time to shine! (no word limit)
- Traditional Tlingit or Haida Introduction in Tlingit, Haida, or English.*
- Recite Introduction at picnic upon receipt of scholarship (strongly encouraged but not required)
- Completed application
*Need help with your traditional introduction? here are some wonderful templets to help you.
To apply for the Jackie Clark Memorial Education Scholarship download and complete the application form and submit any required documents. Everything you need to complete this application is listed on the cover page. In addition, a checklist is provided in the application to ensure your application is fully completed.
Contact Natalie Suan for an up to date application form.
Other Scholarship Opportunities for Native Alaskans
This is a list of external scholarship programs. The eligibility requirements may be different from from the SFTHCC scholarship and are subject to change at any time. Please check the scholarship provider webpage for the most up to date information.
CCTHITA Alumni Scholarship Assistance Program
Final Deadline: July 1 – September 15
American Indian Education Fund
Early Bird Incentive Deadline: March 1
Final Deadline: April 4
Sealaska Heritage Institute (Sharholders and Descendants Only)
Early Bird Incentive Deadline: February 1
Final Deadline: March 1
Goldbelt Heritage Foundation (Sharholders and Descendants Only)
Final Deadline: May 31
Dallas Peterman Youth Leadership Award
Final Deadline: March 31