SFTHCC provides a variety of resources and services for our tribal members. See the details on this page for more information.
Each year the scholarship committee accepts new and returning applicants for the Jackie Clark Memorial Education Scholarship. The amount rewarded can vary depending on the number of applications received, but generally ranges from $500 – $1000. Completed applications must be received by June 1.
- Must be an enrolled member of the Tlingit & Haida Central Council and registered to the San Francisco Community Council
- Must be a full time student attending a university, college, or trade school currently or in the Fall
- Must have a high school or current GPA of 2.5 and maintain it throughout the school year
To apply for the Jackie Clark Memorial Education Scholarship download and complete the application form and submit any required documents. Everything you need to complete this application is listed on the cover page. In addition, a checklist is provided in the application to ensure your application is fully completed.
In order to enroll in the San Francisco Tlingit & Haida Community Council, you must meet be an enrolled member of the Central Council of Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska.
If you are currently enrolled with Tlingit & Haida all you need to do is update your voting community with the Central Council. You can do so by completing the voting record and address update form and mailing it to the address listed on the form or fax it to 907-885-0052.
If you are not currently enrolled with Tlingit & Haida, you will need to complete an enrollment application.
- Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements
- Complete the enrollment application and mail it to the address listed on the form
Learn Tlingit, Haida, or Tsimshian
Seaslaska Heritage Institute has dedicated a ton of resources into compiling a collection of learning materials for Southeast Alaska languages. Please take a minute to check out these resources:
- Language Dictionaries, Workbooks and Databases
- Language Apps
- Language Podcast
Tlingit Clan Origin Map
The University of Alaska, Fairbanks has put together a map showing the origin of different Tlingit clans and clan houses. Follow the link to view the map:
- Large Tlingit Clan Map (PDF | best viewed on pc / laptop / tablet)
Native Health Care California
The Indian Health Service has a search tool to find local health care facilities for natives. Additionally, each facility is sorted by region on the following pages.
If you use the search tool, it is best to search by the county that you live in.