SFTHCC provides a variety of resources and services for our tribal members. See the details on this page for more information.

Scholarship | Enrollment | Learn Tlingit, Haida, or Tsimshian | Tlingit Clan Origin Map | Native Healthcare


SFTHCC Scholarship

Each year the scholarship committee accepts new and returning applicants for the Jackie Clark Memorial Education Scholarship. The amount rewarded can vary depending on the number of applications received, but generally ranges from $500 – $1000. Completed applications must be received by June 1.



  1. Must be an enrolled member of the Tlingit & Haida Central Council and registered to the San Francisco Community Council
  2. Must be a full time student attending a university, college, or trade school currently or in the Fall
  3. Must have a high school or current GPA of 2.5 and maintain it throughout the school year



To apply for the Jackie Clark Memorial Education Scholarship download and complete the application form and submit any required documents.  Everything you need to complete this application is listed on the cover page. In addition, a checklist is provided in the application to ensure your application is fully completed.

2018 Jackie Clark Memorial Education Scholarship Application


SFTHCC Enrollment

In order to enroll in the San Francisco Tlingit & Haida Community, you must meet be an enrolled member of the Central Council of Tlingit & Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska.

If you are currently enrolled with Tlingit & Haida all you need to do is update your voting community with the Central Council. You can do so by completing the voting record and address update form and mailing it to the address listed on the form or fax it to 907-885-0052.

If you are not currently enrolled with Tlingit & Haida, you will need to complete an enrollment application.

  1. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements
  2. Complete the enrollment application and mail it to the address listed on the form


Learn Tlingit, Haida, or Tsimshian

Seaslaska Heritage Institute has dedicated a ton of resources into compiling a collection of learning materials for Southeast Alaska languages. Please take a minute to check out these resources:


Tlingit Clan Origin Map

The University of Alaska, Fairbanks has put together a map showing the origin of different Tlingit clans and clan houses.  Follow the link to view the map:

Tlingit tribes, clans and clan houses list.


Native Health Care California

The Indian Health Service has a search tool to find local health care facilities for natives.  Additionally, each facility is sorted by region on the following pages.

If you use the search tool, it is best to search by the county that you live in.


Covered California and Affordable Care Act Benefits for Alaska Natives

  1. Alaska Natives who earn less than 300 percent of the federal poverty level for a family of four will not have to pay certain out-of-pocket medical costs, such as copays and deductibles, if they purchase health insurance coverage through Covered California
  2. There are no copays or deductibles for any covered services received directly through the federal Indian Health Service, tribes, tribal organizations or urban American Indian organizations
  3. Alaska Natives can buy or change health insurance plans once a month through Covered California and are not subject to open-enrollment periods
  4. Alaska Natives who are eligible for services through an Indian Health Service provider are eligible from an exemption from the shared responsibility payment (the tax penalty consumers pay if they do not have minimum essential health coverage). Click here for more exemption information.

More information can be found on CoveredCa.com.

Claim a Health Care Exemption for Alaska Natives Eligible for Indian Health Services

  • You claim this exemption when you file your federal income taxes. Most people file their taxes in April of the following year.
  • On Form 8965 , enter code “E” in Part III, column (c). Identify the months this exemption applies or select (d) for the full year.
  • Include Form 8965 when you file your tax return.

For more information and questions visit HealthCare.gov.