Please come and join San Francisco Tlingit & Haida Community Council to welcome Sealaska and Tlingit & Haida Central Council Executive Council members and visitors.
Welcome Reception and Community Gathering are both free. Please bring your family.
Day 1 | Welcome Reception | Fri Jan 10, 2020 6PM-8PM
- Hors d’oeuvres
Day 2 | Community Gathering | Sat Jan 11, 2020 9AM-5PM
- Welcoming and Introductions
- Southern Winds Dance Group
- Information Booths
- SHI Scholarships
- SHI Celebration
- T&H Tribal ID Cards
- Sealaska Shareholder Relations and notary
- Sealaska Internships/Careers
- Sealaska/SHI Education and Language
- Lunch and Presentations
- T&H – Rick Peterson
- SHI – Rosita Worl
- Sealaska – Anthony Mallot
- Formline Workshop with Reg Davidson
- Haida language with Damen Bell-Holter
- Closing Remarks – Joe Nelson, Sealaska Chairman
This is an all-ages event. Sealaska is hosting a welcoming reception on Friday, Jan. 10 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Randy Peters Center.
Haida master artist Reg Davidson will lead participants through a formline design workshop during the day on Saturday. There will also be a dance performance by the Southern Winds Dance Group.
Davidson will also teach a three-day bentwood box making class in Roseville from Jan. 9-12. The class is free but space is limited.
Featured image from https://randypeterscatering.com/gallery/.